List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Attila Date:January 29 2009 5:43pm
Subject:Base type for SSQLS
View as plain text
Hi,

I recently put together a basic DBTransaction class that wraps the mysqlpp
functions.
I would like to have an abstract method:

SSQLS() = 0

which returns a specialized data row based on the DBTransaction subclass.
(Say RetrieveValuesDBTransaction should implement SSQLS())

However the way the SSQLS structures are designed I see there is no base
class for them.  In the meantime I just have an abstract SQL() = 0 which
returns a query string.

Is it possible to do this?  I would like the benefits of using SSQLS
structures, but I need to use polymorphism on a base type.

Thanks!

--
Attila
Software Developer

Thread
Base type for SSQLSAttila29 Jan
  • Re: Base type for SSQLSWarren Young29 Jan