List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 28 2009 2:41am
Subject:Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structure
View as plain text
Jim Wallace wrote:
> I use SPs almost exclusively with MySQL++.

Okay, I'll bite. :)

My ignorant view is that stored procedures are software written in a
quasi-proprietary language that's less powerful and arguably even uglier
than C++, which must be stored in the DB engine where it's resistant to
source code control and other change management practices that overcomes
these difficulties.

If by some wild chance I've managed to capture the essence of the issue,
what compelling value do you find that outweighs these problems?

If, as seems more likely, I'm wrong in my assessment, I'd appreciate a
viewpoint correction.
Thread
Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan
  • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
    • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
      • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
        • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan