List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 28 2009 1:57am
Subject:Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structure
View as plain text
Edward Diener wrote:

> How can I get my StoreQueryResult to store the row result of my query
> into a vector of my SSQLS structure ? How do I know which result is the
> row result of my query as opposed to the status result which gives only
> a return status from my stored procedure ?

You'd have to modify Query::storein() to teach it about multi-results.
It might be better to fork it, and write storein_multi() instead.

I have never used stored procedures, because I've never run into a
situation where the optimization or security they offer mattered enough
to overcome the associated problems.  So, I have essentially no
expertise to draw on, nor interest in seeing the weakness fixed.  I'm
willing to discuss patches to do it, but mostly you'd be on your own to
implement it.

> BTW the example in section 3.12 of the user manual calls a stored
> procedure when the MySQL version is 5.0 or higher but does not set the
> mysqlpp::MultiResultsOption(true) option. Is this an error in the
> example or is there something in the example which would cause it to
> work anyway ?

The latter.  It does set MultiStatementsOption(), which is sufficient.
See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-set-server-option.html
Thread
Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan
  • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
    • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
      • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
        • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan