List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Diener Date:January 28 2009 1:27am
Subject:Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structure
View as plain text
It looks like calling a stored procedure from a query must set the
mysqlpp::MultiResultsOption(true) as an option on the connection and
retrieve the results using StoreQueryResult using query.store().
Previously for a query I was using query.storein(...some vector of SSQLS
structure). According to the MySQL manual in section 22.2.9 a stored
procedure returning rows via a SELECT always must be prepared to have
multiple results returned.

How can I get my StoreQueryResult to store the row result of my query
into a vector of my SSQLS structure ? How do I know which result is the
row result of my query as opposed to the status result which gives only
a return status from my stored procedure ?

BTW the example in section 3.12 of the user manual calls a stored
procedure when the MySQL version is 5.0 or higher but does not set the
mysqlpp::MultiResultsOption(true) option. Is this an error in the
example or is there something in the example which would cause it to
work anyway ?

Thanks for any help you can give me about this problem.

Thread
Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan
  • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
    • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
      • Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureWarren Young28 Jan
        • RE: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureJim Wallace28 Jan
Re: Calling stored procedure and returning result in SSQLS structureEdward Diener28 Jan