List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Diener Date:December 17 2008 2:59am
Subject:SSL between client and server using SslOption
View as plain text
I have a few questions about the parameters for SslOption and about SSL
in general between the server and the client.
I do understand what a certificate, a private key, and a public key is
in general.

1) In the parameters to SslOption, are the first three parameters just
the file name portions of the full file specifications for the private
key, public key, and certificate respectively ?
2) Is the fourth parameter the file path for all of the first three file
names ? If this is so and the path is the current directory, can this be
0 ?
3) What determines a valid cipher name, and where is that specified in
MySql SSL in general  ? Is there a way to say that all ciphers are valid ?

When SSL goes between the client and the server, using the same
certificate authority certificate, is there one set of public-private
keys where the server's private key is the client's public key and the
server's public key is the client's private key ? Or are there actually
two distinct sets of public-private keys, one each for the client and
the server ? The former seems logically correct but maybe I am missing
something about how this works in SSL.
Thread
SSL between client and server using SslOptionEdward Diener17 Dec