List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Diener Date:December 13 2008 10:17pm
Subject:SSL connections
View as plain text
How do I make a SSL connection using mysql++ ? I did not see any mention
of SSL in the mysql++ documentation but maybe I just missed it.

In the MySql help file, at the end of section 5.5.7.3 I read:

"To establish a secure connection from within an application program,
use the |mysql_ssl_set()| <ch22s02.html#mysql-ssl-set> C API function to
set the appropriate certificate options before calling
|mysql_real_connect()| <ch22s02.html#mysql-real-connect>. See Section
22.2.3.67, “|mysql_ssl_set()|” <ch22s02.html#mysql-ssl-set>. After the
connection is established, you can use |mysql_get_ssl_cipher()|
<ch22s02.html#mysql-get-ssl-cipher> to determine whether SSL is in use.
A non-|NULL| return value indicates a secure connection and names the
SSL cipher used for encryption. A |NULL| return value indicates that SSL
is not being used. See Section 22.2.3.33, “|mysql_get_ssl_cipher()|”
<ch22s02.html#mysql-get-ssl-cipher>.

How does this translate to mysql++ ?

Once an SSL connection is made does data automatically get
encrypted/decrypted between the client and the server or is there
something I must do on the client to encrypt data before sending it to
the server and decrypt data before receiving it from the server ?

Thread
SSL connectionsEdward Diener13 Dec
  • Re: SSL connectionsWarren Young14 Dec
    • Re: SSL connectionsEdward Diener15 Dec