List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 9 2008 9:42am
Subject:Re: [windows] exrun.bat resetdb says it cant find the path specified, also a question MySQL versions
View as plain text
On Dec 7, 2008, at 11:33 PM, pavel989@stripped wrote:

> im using mysql server 6.0 (is that a problem)

Yours is the first post to this list mentioning 6.0.

I think most MySQL++ users are pretty conservative, using only GA
releases of MySQL.  I haven't even seen reports from people talking
about using MySQL++ with MySQL 5.1 yet, and it went GA about a week ago.

> visual studio asked me to enter a debug app name, ro something, and
> i entered in something custom, thinking it was for personal use. and
> now i cant debug

This is nothing to do with MySQL++.  You'll need to chase that problem
in a more appropriate forum.

> then i tried to compile resetdb, using dev C++

You can't use multiple C++ compilers to create an executable.  It's
virtually forbidden by the standard, and impossible in practice as well.

If you want to switch entirely to MinGW, there is plenty of
information on how to build MySQL++ with it in README-MinGW.txt and in
this mailing list's archives.

> tried running exrun.bat resetdb. im assuming that it wasn't the
> command prompt, but exrun.bat that tells me it couldnt find the path
> specified. so now im at a total loss as what i have done wrong.

I don't really know what's gone wrong for sure, but my guess from what
you wrote above is that resetdb.exe isn't actually built yet.

> for, my linux server (ubuntu desktop) i use lampp, which uses MySQL
> 5.0.67 . is it a problem if i installed 6.0 on my XP here, and use
> it to devel apps?

It should work, but I can't see that it gives you any advantages.  I'd
install 5.0 on the development system as well.  Virtually all of the
benefits from using a newer version of MySQL are on the server side,
not the client side.
Thread
[windows] exrun.bat resetdb says it cant find the path specified, also aquestion MySQL versionspavel9898 Dec
  • Re: [windows] exrun.bat resetdb says it cant find the path specified, also a question MySQL versionsWarren Young9 Dec