List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Edward Diener Date:December 6 2008 5:18am
Subject:TCPConnection address
View as plain text
The documentation for the TCPConnection constructor says the first
parameter, addr, "may be followed by a colon and a port number or
service name to override default port."

To what does the "service name" refer ? Are there valid service names in
some RFC which explains the TCP/IP address syntax, or is this strictly a
MySql extension to the TCP/IP address syntax ?

In my code I ned to connect to a MySql server that is not using the
standard 3306 port number but rather an SSL port and am trying to
understand whether I need to add a hardcoded port number or can use some
sort of generic MySql service name.
Thread
TCPConnection addressEdward Diener6 Dec
  • Re: TCPConnection addressWarren Young6 Dec