List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan W. Frenz Date:December 3 2008 10:52pm
Subject:Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.
View as plain text
On Dec 3, 2008 5:17pm, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
> Yes, and the problem with that is that you can't have a separate table that refers to
> these id values.  An example:
>
> You can't then say "SELECT filthy_lucre FROM Salaries WHERE person_id=5" because
> there can easily be two rows with id 5, one in the Manager table and another in the
> SysAdmin table.  Thus, there would have to be two Salaries rows and a way to disambiguate
> them, like a type column:

I understand.  Is it blatantly wrong to think that I can guarantee
that each object has a unique id?  Because I'm definitely assuming
that (and enforcing it in client code) right now.  The system is
self-contained (i.e. my app is the only entity accessing the
database).  I'm not concerned about third parties adding tables,
performing queries, etc.

Thanks again for the input,
Ryan
Thread
Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Ryan W. Frenz3 Dec
  • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Warren Young3 Dec
    • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Ryan W. Frenz3 Dec
      • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Warren Young3 Dec
        • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Ryan W. Frenz3 Dec
          • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Warren Young4 Dec
      • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Rick Gutleber4 Dec
      • Re: Using macros to compose SSQLS structures.Jonathan Wakely8 Dec