List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 3 2008 10:32pm
Subject:Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008
View as plain text
Attila wrote:
> I changed 'dll' to lib.  I was able to compile mysql++ in vc2008 project.
> However in the options it generates a "Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)"
> project. I need a static lib however.

Actually, I don't see a reason to change the /M options.  They affect
which run-time library your program links to, not how the program or
library itself gets built.  You should be able to have a static MySQL++
library that links dynamically to the VC++ standard libraries.

> I am having some weird linking errors related to mysqlclient.lib now.

This is due to using a different /M option than was used to build that
library.  You can't mix /M options among modules in a program.

If you had to have a fully static link, you'd have to rebuild
mysqlclient.lib from source, too.

P.S. Please don't send email to me directly.  I do read the list.
Multiple copies of the same message do nothing but annoy me.
Thread
Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila24 Nov
  • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young24 Nov
    • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila24 Nov
      • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young24 Nov
        • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila3 Dec
Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young3 Dec