List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Attila Date:November 24 2008 10:40pm
Subject:Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008
View as plain text
The program is used only within a single organization.

I looked through the README, but it does not actually say much about
building.
Am I supposed to adjust parameters in the blk file and then regenerate and
the solution files created will automatically be good?

Thanks

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2008, at 1:33 PM, Attila wrote:
>
>  Is there a guide which I can refer to to build the static libraries?
>>

> Is your program GPL'd, LGPL'd, or used only within a single organization?
>  If not, you can't use static linking anyway.  Read LICENSE.txt, which
> accompanied MySQL++.
>
> If it turns out that you're one of the few that can legitimately use static
> linking, you've probably got an inconsistent build setting wrong.  VC++
> demands that all modules use the same /M build option.
>
> You could change this in all of the many project files, but it's easier to
> just change the few places it occurs in mysql++.bkl and re-generate the
> project files according to README-Visual-C++.txt.

Attila
Software Developer
atteeela@stripped

Thread
Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila24 Nov
  • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young24 Nov
    • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila24 Nov
      • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young24 Nov
        • Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Attila3 Dec
Re: Static Library compilation difficulties on vc2008Warren Young3 Dec