List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Gutleber Date:November 24 2008 6:03pm
Subject:insertfrom( ) patch
View as plain text
Warren:

Here's a new version of my insertfrom( ) patch.  I've addressed each
issue in the feedback you gave, although there is a difference in the
line-endings having to do with the jpeg examples in bmark.txt.  The
original has DOS-style line-endings in that example but not the rest of
the output, which seems inconsistent.

I took your suggested and moved the escape_string( ) functionality into
DBDriver, which I think is the most logical way to handle the problem of
multiple versions of that function.  DBDriver provides both versions of
escape_string( ), the const char * version and the std::string * version
in both regular and static forms.  Everything else calls the appropriate
version of these methods according to whether or not a database
connection is present.  I moved the detailed documentation to DBDriver,
which is the centralized, "official" location for escape_string( ) now.
It bugs me that the normal and static std::string * versions of
escape_string( ) are non-trivial in length and almost identical, but I
don't think there's a reasonable way to work around that without adding
unneeded complexity.

I gzipped the output so my e-mail client doesn't lunch the patch format
like it did last time.  Hopefully this will work for you.

Rick

insertfrom( ) patchRick Gutleber24 Nov
  • Re: insertfrom( ) patchWarren Young25 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) patchRick Gutleber26 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) patchWarren Young17 Feb
        • Re: insertfrom( ) patchRick Gutleber17 Feb
          • Re: insertfrom( ) patchWarren Young17 Feb