Here's a new version of my insertfrom( ) patch. I've addressed each
issue in the feedback you gave, although there is a difference in the
line-endings having to do with the jpeg examples in bmark.txt. The
original has DOS-style line-endings in that example but not the rest of
the output, which seems inconsistent.
I took your suggested and moved the escape_string( ) functionality into
DBDriver, which I think is the most logical way to handle the problem of
multiple versions of that function. DBDriver provides both versions of
escape_string( ), the const char * version and the std::string * version
in both regular and static forms. Everything else calls the appropriate
version of these methods according to whether or not a database
connection is present. I moved the detailed documentation to DBDriver,
which is the centralized, "official" location for escape_string( ) now.
It bugs me that the normal and static std::string * versions of
escape_string( ) are non-trivial in length and almost identical, but I
don't think there's a reasonable way to work around that without adding
I gzipped the output so my e-mail client doesn't lunch the patch format
like it did last time. Hopefully this will work for you.
Attachment: [application/gzip] RickGutleber.patch.gz