List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 21 2008 5:00am
Subject:Re: report incompatible thing
View as plain text
On Nov 20, 2008, at 7:59 PM, Xin Qi wrote:

> I compile mysql++ both with boost_1_36, but the code can not go
> through gcc
> 4.2.4 because there are conflicts
> between
> ./boost/concept_check.hpp:  BOOST_concept(Comparable,(TT))
> ./boost/concept_check.hpp:    BOOST_CONCEPT_USAGE(Comparable) {
> ./boost/concept_check.hpp:    , EqualityComparable<TT>
> ./boost/concept_check.hpp:    , Comparable<TT>
> and
> /mysqlpp/datetime.h:   class MYSQLPP_EXPORT DateTime : public
> Comparable<DateTime>
>
> but when I change boost 1.34, the code could be compiled successfully.

There should only be a conflict if you hoist the symbols from both
libraries into the global namespace, with "using namespace mysqlpp"
and similar for Boost.  The conflict should be avoidable if you remove
these "using" statements and refer to both libraries' through their
full namespaces.  So: mysqlpp::DateTime instead of just DateTime.
Thread
report incompatible thingXin Qi21 Nov
  • Re: report incompatible thingWarren Young21 Nov