List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 20 2008 6:21pm
Subject:Re: Suggestion for HACKERS.TXT
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:

> I'd recommend adding some details to HACKERS.TXT concerning the format,

I don't want it to turn into a style manual.  I'm already less than
thrilled with its current verbosity.

The biggest goal I have for that section is to avoid the kind of
pointless differences that made your first patch so hard to read.  It's
not meant to be comprehensive.

> particularly since a few things are non-obvious.  I would also suggest
> you point out that methods in classes are sorted alphabetically in the
> source and header files, which is something I just noticed.

Beyond a certain point, code grooming is my problem.  Moving functions
around in patches is definitely one of those areas.

> I'd also _maybe_ recommend doing a "whitespace" pass in SVN

Done.  I hope this doesn't cause you too many merge problems.

> vi in "set list" mode...
> au Syntax * syn match Error /\s\+$/ | syn match Error /\(^\s*\)\@<=
> \+\ze\t\+/

Thanks for that.  It helped with the work, though it's going to take me
about half an hour before I can focus my eyes normally again.  'set
list' is a powerful code uglifier.

P.S. Please don't reply to an unrelated thread to start a new topic; it
screws up threading in mail readers.  Just send a new message to the
mailing list address.  Also, I don't need to be Cc'd on list traffic.
Thread
Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerKartik Mahajan19 Nov
Re: Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerWarren Young20 Nov
  • Suggestion for HACKERS.TXTRick Gutleber20 Nov
    • Re: Suggestion for HACKERS.TXTWarren Young20 Nov