List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Gutleber Date:November 20 2008 4:14pm
Subject:Suggestion for HACKERS.TXT
View as plain text
Warren:

I'd recommend adding some details to HACKERS.TXT concerning the format,
particularly since a few things are non-obvious.  I would also suggest
you point out that methods in classes are sorted alphabetically in the
source and header files, which is something I just noticed.

Although a lot of the feedback you gave me was from stuff I missed or
forgot from HACKERS.TXT, some more explanation might be a good idea.
I'd do it myself, but I figure I'd be likely to leave something out and
you'd have to fix it anyway.  I'd also _maybe_ recommend doing a
"whitespace" pass in SVN since some of the files don't conform
completely; I've seen occasional spaces where tabs should be, and
trailing whitespace.  Using vi in "set list" mode makes it really easy
to spot those things.  I also have a thingy in my .vimrc that highlights
trailing whitespace in red, which is also helpful:

au Syntax * syn match Error /\s\+$/ | syn match Error /\(^\s*\)\@<=

Rick

Thread
Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerKartik Mahajan19 Nov
Re: Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerWarren Young20 Nov
  • Suggestion for HACKERS.TXTRick Gutleber20 Nov
    • Re: Suggestion for HACKERS.TXTWarren Young20 Nov