List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 18 2008 10:02am
Subject:Re: Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compiler
View as plain text
On Nov 17, 2008, at 11:00 PM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> Here are the steps I followed:
>
> 1. export CC=cc
> 2. export CXX=CC
> 3. export  CFLAGS='-xarch=generic64'
> 4. ./configure -enable-thread-check -with-mysql=<the installation
> path>

Just for future reference, you can instead say:

	./configure CC=cc CXX=CC CFLAGS='stuff' --with-my-flags

That avoids polluting your environment with settings you need for just
that one call.

> "lib/tcp_connection.h", line 121: Warning:
> mysqlpp::TCPConnection::connect
> hides the virtual function mysqlpp::Connection::connect(const char*,
> const
> char*, const char*, const char*, unsigned).

This is just pedantry, not indicative of a real problem.  But, it's
simple enough to squish.  If you would, add this to the bottom of
TCPConnection's declaration in lib/tcp_connection.h:

private:
     /// \brief Explicitly override parent class version so we don't get
     /// complaints about hidden overloads with some compilers
     bool connect(const char* db, const char* server,
             const char* user, const char* password,
             unsigned int port);

When you recompile, that warning should go away.  If it does, let me
know so I can check the change in.  I'm relying on you because none of
the compilers I have here give this warning.

> "./test/datetime.cpp", line 125: Error: Could not find a match for
> test_query_insert needed in test_stringization<mysqlpp::Date>(const
> mysqlpp::Date&, const char*, const char*).

What, a template can't instantiate a template?  That's lame...

I'm not sure how to work around this.  It might be simplest to just
ifdef it out, or something.  Can you get us a good predefined macro
for Solaris CC so we can test for its existence and thereby stub out
these tests?
Thread
Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerKartik Mahajan18 Nov
  • Re: Problems building 64 bit mysqlpp library on Solaris using CC compilerWarren Young18 Nov