List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 13 2008 10:35pm
Subject:Re: insertfrom( ) questions
View as plain text
On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Rick Gutleber wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
>> Rick Gutleber wrote:
>>>
>>> what about qssqls?
>>
> test/qssqls.cpp?  It's in the SVN repository, created by you in March.

Oh, I thought it was one of your new modules in lib.  I don't pay too
much attention to file names in test/*, since they're all run
automatically.

Are you asking if you should extend it to test your changes?  If so,
yeah, I guess that could work.  In general, I avoid changing tests
because they need to stay relatively stable, to act as regression
tests.  Unlike with the examples, there's no pressure to keep the
number of tests small.

I would only test insertfrom() here, though.  If you have an explicit
test for your new SQLStream, it would definitely need a new test
module.  Whether you'd want tests for both insertfrom() and SQLStream
depends on whether insertfrom() fully exercises SQLStream or not.

By the way, while I'm thinking about it, you might as well add
yourself into CREDITS.txt.
Thread
insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber7 Nov
  • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young8 Nov
    • 'result' is not a member of mysqlppJJ Harrison8 Nov
      • Re: 'result' is not a member of mysqlppWarren Young8 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber10 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber11 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
            • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber12 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
  • RE: insertfrom( ) questionsIan Daysh11 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsJim Graf11 Nov