List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 13 2008 8:39pm
Subject:Re: insertfrom( ) questions
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:

> what about qssqls?

Having never seen that module, I have no opinion about what you should
do about it.

Did you perhaps forget to attach your current patch?

> 2.  There's a new test called "array_index.cpp" in mysql.bkl, but no
> corresponding file.

Fixed.

> 3.  Using the "pedantic" option in ./bootstrap causes the Makefile to
> use a compiler option (-Wno-variadic-macros) that apparently doesn't
> exist on the ancient compiler we are using (gcc 3.2.3).  I just removed
> it from the Makefile, but there may be some autoconf juju that needs to
> be tweaked.

Best to just temporarily hack the bootstrap script.  The pedantic option
is more for me, as part of my pre-release testing.  If it's useful to
anyone else, that's just a bonus.

> 4.  I think "asplode" is one of the funniest words ever.

No argument. :)

> 5.  Just a final comment.  I've really enjoyed working with you and
> getting to know this project, and if things work out well, I would be
> very interested in continuing to contribute whenever possible.  This is
> a really well-designed and well-written library, in my estimation, and
> I've learned more than I expected from this little escapade.

Thanks for the kind words.  If this will be a regular thing, commit bits
on the repository can be had.
Thread
insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber7 Nov
  • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young8 Nov
    • 'result' is not a member of mysqlppJJ Harrison8 Nov
      • Re: 'result' is not a member of mysqlppWarren Young8 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber10 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber11 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
            • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber12 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
  • RE: insertfrom( ) questionsIan Daysh11 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsJim Graf11 Nov