List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 11 2008 10:31pm
Subject:Re: insertfrom( ) questions
View as plain text
On Nov 11, 2008, at 8:56 AM, Rick Gutleber wrote:

>> I'd be happier using spaces if the editors I used would treat them
>> exactly like tabs. :)  Some editors the kids are using these days
>> don't quite get how to do this.  If it takes me 4 keystrokes to
>> cursor through an indent level, I'm back to tabs.
>
> That's a great idea.  I'm sure any smart editor can be made to do
> that.

It should be universal by now, but it isn't.  I was using editors back
in my DOS days that could do this, but it seems like half these spiffy
GUI IDEs I have to use can't.  Grrr...

> For diffs I use this:
> alias svndiff='svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff --extensions '\''--
> expand-tabs --ignore-all-space --ignore-blank-lines --ignore-space-
> change --minimal'\'' '

Hey, cool!  I've been wishing for 'svn diff -w' since starting with
svn, and didn't see that I could get the feature externally.  I'll
stick with 'svn diff' for day to day use, since I still want to know
about whitespace changes, but I've now got an sdw alias for when I
need to see past them:

	alias sdw='svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff --extensions -bdtuwB'

I added -u.  I really like unified diffs.

> *Yes, I'm still wedded to doing editing in a Windows program, I've
> been using it since 1988, back when it was a simple DOS program
> written in Turbo Pascal, sorry, I've got too much momentum to get
> serious about learning vi for more than the basics.

I'm the same way about vi...which I've been using since before I got
into DOS.  :)
Thread
insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber7 Nov
  • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young8 Nov
    • 'result' is not a member of mysqlppJJ Harrison8 Nov
      • Re: 'result' is not a member of mysqlppWarren Young8 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber10 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber11 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young11 Nov
            • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber12 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
      • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
        • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsRick Gutleber13 Nov
          • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsWarren Young13 Nov
  • RE: insertfrom( ) questionsIan Daysh11 Nov
    • Re: insertfrom( ) questionsJim Graf11 Nov