List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 2 2008 5:32pm
Subject:Re: help neede: crash at mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();
View as plain text
On Nov 2, 2008, at 8:54 AM, koochan sarat wrote:

> mysqlpp::Query query = mySQL.query("select * from tblcontact");
> query.parse();

I think you'll find that if you remove the call to parse(), the
program works.  It's only needed for  template queries:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/tquery.html

Calling it anyway shouldn't crash MySQL++, though.  We'll fix the
weakness at some point.  Until we do, don't annoy the library. :)

> the same is working in sample app i got with MySQl++

You'll find that parse() is only called in the tquery examples and in
resetdb, which all use template queries.  None of the other examples
do, so they don't call parse().
Thread
help neede: crash at mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store(); koochan sarat2 Nov
  • Re: help neede: crash at mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store(); Warren Young2 Nov
  • Re: help neede: crash at mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();koochan sarat3 Nov
    • Re: help neede: crash at mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();Warren Young3 Nov