List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 30 2008 2:01am
Subject:Re: Some thoughts about a SQLStream
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:

> 1.  We could just stick those methods in a class called SQLEscaper from
> which Query and SQLStream are derived.

Again, you can't go changing parent classes until v4.  That could be
years out; might never even happen.  You need to work within the current
framework if you want this to in v3.1, which is what I had in mind.

> * I have to wonder why those methods aren't in Connection to begin
> with.  I realize Connection isn't intended for dealing with SQL, but
> those methods in Query don't actually use any aspect of Query!

Observe how often these methods are called in lib/manip.cpp via Query,
either directly or through a SQLQueryParms, which has a Query as its
parent.  These interfaces have to exist here anyway.

> I tried making...conn_ public...

De-encapsulating this strikes you as good design?
Thread
Some thoughts about a SQLStreamRick Gutleber30 Oct
  • Re: Some thoughts about a SQLStreamWarren Young30 Oct
    • Re: Some thoughts about a SQLStreamRick Gutleber30 Oct
      • Re: Some thoughts about a SQLStreamWarren Young31 Oct