List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 27 2008 11:13pm
Subject:Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiency
View as plain text
Russell Robinson wrote:
> 	Failed to find MySQL C API type ID for N7mysqlpp6StringE

This should be taken care of by line 192 in lib/type_info.cpp.

(No, don't try to understand type_info.cpp.  Only 5th level wizards and
up are expected to be able to read this without psychic damage.)

Can you modify an example to show the same error?

> To be honest, the thought of changing an example was
> scary - I think that meant updating the documentation too...which seemed a
> bit "over the top".

It's definitely situation-dependent.  If you just read the patch, it
looks like I did a lot to the examples, but really, it's like 4 LOC
changed to get the desired test.  The rest was just because I was in
there, and to support dtest.

> Perhaps something about updating the doco if examples are added or changed -
> when and when not to update doco.

Fair point.  It's done now.

> Your change doesn't do the critical part....which is to do:
>
> 	query.insert(images);

Sure it does.  Line 114 in examples/load_jpeg.cpp.

You may have overlooked it because until just now, load_jpeg didn't use
SSQLS to insert the image.  Now it does, to incorporate that aspect of
your test/ssqls_nullblob.cpp.
Thread
Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young27 Oct
    • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
      • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young28 Oct
        • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
        • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
          • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
            • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
              • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young28 Oct
                • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                    • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young29 Oct
                      • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson29 Oct