List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell Robinson Date:October 27 2008 9:52pm
Subject:Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiency
View as plain text
Hi Warren,

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 07:58:14 am Warren Young wrote:
> I didn't mean to imply that this can't or shouldn't be fixed.  I was
> just pointing out why it doesn't work *yet*.

Yes, I understood.  I really just need this sorted, so I thought I'd
contribute.

> To make Null<> truly transparent, we need to add a lot of wrappers to it
> to call functions of the same name on the underlying data object.  I've
> added a Wishlist item to do this at least for the std::string interface.

Yes, even though the test case I wrote works, my actual project isn't
working - I'm getting:
	Failed to find MySQL C API type ID for N7mysqlpp6StringE

because it's an exception and because gdb doesn't handle STL (and templates in
general) very well I still haven't found out where this is occurring.

Hopefully there's not more required to make this work in mysqlpp.

Any suggestions while I search out this message?

> > I've followed the instructions from SVN in HACKERS.txt.
>
> Yes, and beautifully so.  I wish all patches I received were this clean.

Thanks.  I try to do my best. :-)

And your instructions are very clear and easy to follow.  I think the
additions you've just made to HACKERS.txt are a really good improvement.

> What your test did is better done as modifications to load_jpeg and
> cgi_jpeg, which I've done.  You might look the new versions over to see
> that they're testing what you need them to.

Yes, that makes sense.  To be honest, the thought of changing an example was
scary - I think that meant updating the documentation too...which seemed a
bit "over the top".

Perhaps something about updating the doco if examples are added or changed -
when and when not to update doco.

There's a problem with your change to the jpeg examples....

Your change doesn't do the critical part....which is to do:

	query.insert(images);

That's the call that triggers the compilation problem.

Just declaring the SSQLS column as Null<sql_blob> is harmless (FWICR) until
you try to insert the beast.

> > There are no changes to the bmark.txt output - it doesn't count the
> > number of unit tests or their output, apparently.
>
> Right.  test/* is supposed to run silently on success.  This is another
> difference between it and examples/*.

That makes sense.

--
Russell Robinson (russellr@stripped)
Thread
        • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
          • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
            • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
              • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young28 Oct
                • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                    • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young29 Oct
                      • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson29 Oct