List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell Robinson Date:October 27 2008 2:59am
Subject:Patch for ssqls null blob deficiency
View as plain text
Hi All,

I described a bug/deficiency in SSQLS with null blobs here:
	http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/8007

Warren pointed out that Null is not a transparent wrapper,
however, the SSQLS code works fine for all types, including Text, except
Blobs.

The attached patch rectifies this anomaly.

I've followed the instructions from SVN in HACKERS.txt.

I've created a 12th unit test which won't compile without the patch being
applied.  WIth the patch applied, the new unit test compiles and executes OK.

There are no changes to the bmark.txt output - it doesn't count the number of
unit tests or their output, apparently.

AFAIK, this patch can be applied to any MYSQL++ source. It mainly adds several
lines to:
	stadapter.cpp
	stadapter.h

(It also creates the 12th unit test, of course.)

--
Russell Robinson (russellr@stripped)

Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young27 Oct
    • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson27 Oct
      • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young28 Oct
        • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
        • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
          • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
            • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
              • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young28 Oct
                • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                  • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson28 Oct
                    • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyWarren Young29 Oct
                      • Re: Patch for ssqls null blob deficiencyRussell Robinson29 Oct