List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 20 2008 9:22pm
Subject:Re: sleep, usleep and nanosleep (MySQL++ examples)
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:
> I was getting a compilation error concerning usleep( ) in one of the example
> programs.

That's probably examples/multiquery.cpp, which had debugging code
accidentally checked in.  It's been removed from svn.

> one of the examples did not build because of the sleep(
> ) function.

sleep() is POSIX.  What platform are you on that doesn't have this,
which is also not Windows?  (We use Sleep() there.)

> nanosleep( ) function

Shouldn't be necessary now.  We only use sleep() and Sleep().  If your
platform has neither, we can talk about making an ifdef case to
implement sleep() in terms of nanosleep(), but I think you'll find that
you really do have sleep().  Perhaps the examples just don't include a
necessary header for your platform.
Thread
sleep, usleep and nanosleep (MySQL++ examples)Rick Gutleber20 Oct
  • Re: sleep, usleep and nanosleep (MySQL++ examples)Warren Young20 Oct
    • Re: sleep, usleep and nanosleep (MySQL++ examples)Rick Gutleber21 Oct
      • Re: sleep, usleep and nanosleep (MySQL++ examples)Warren Young21 Oct