List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Seth Linden Date:October 16 2008 10:10pm
Subject:Re: problem with query (execute) timeout option
View as plain text
I decided that I would try and use the latest version of the API
(version 3.0.6) to get at the timeout problem that I mentioned below.  I
am now using the new WriteTimeoutOption and am still having problems.
Here is a snippet from my updated code:

unsigned int time_out = 60;

mysqlpp::Connection con(mysqlpp::use_exceptions);
con.set_option(new mysqlpp::WriteTimeoutOption(time_out));

The code compiles fine but when I run it I get the following error:

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysql.sock'

When I comment out the con.set_option(...) line it works like it should
and I don't get the above mentioned error.  I am still trying to
manually set the query (execute) timeout to be much shorter than the
default value.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Seth

--
Seth Linden
Software Engineer

Thread
problem with query (execute) timeout optionSeth Linden16 Oct
  • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionSeth Linden17 Oct
    • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionWarren Young17 Oct
  • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionWarren Young17 Oct