List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Seth Linden Date:October 16 2008 8:11pm
Subject:problem with query (execute) timeout option
View as plain text
I am using mysql++-2.1.1  I am trying to set the query (execute) timeout
so my program doesn't hang indefinitely when the table is locked.  I am
using the set_options function with the opt_write_timeout argument.  The
code compiles without error but the opt_write_timeout option doesn't
change a thing.  Here are some relevant snippets from my code:

unsigned int time_out = 1;

mysqlpp::Connection con(mysqlpp::use_exceptions);

con.set_option(mysqlpp::Connection::opt_write_timeout, time_out);
con.set_option(mysqlpp::Connection::opt_read_timeout, time_out);
.
.
.
mysqlpp::Query query = con.query();
.
.
.
query.insert(point);
query.execute();

Why is this opt_write_timeout option not working?  Was this fixed in a
later version?  Is this the best way to set the query-execute timeout?
Also, what is the best way (within the API) to find out if the table is
locked?

Thanks,
Seth

--
Seth Linden
Software Engineer

Thread
problem with query (execute) timeout optionSeth Linden16 Oct
  • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionSeth Linden17 Oct
    • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionWarren Young17 Oct
  • Re: problem with query (execute) timeout optionWarren Young17 Oct