List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 15 2008 8:04pm
Subject:Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of data
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:
>>> ... mysql_real_query( ) which requires multi-statement
>>> execution to be turned on to process multiple statements at once.
>>
>> ...there's no reason for multi-statements.
>
> I understand that.  However if the query string exceeds the policy's
> limit, then the bulk INSERT would have to done in chunks.  That's what I
> mean by multiple statements.

Okay, but you still don't need MySQL's multi-statement support turned
on.  Each INSERT statement is wholly independent of the others, aside
from being inside a transaction.

> nothing else
> does execute( ) internally,

storein() and such do, which is how I came up with the name insertfrom()

> ...a stock do-nothing Policy

That would be fine, too.  Then you can go with references.
Thread
Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber13 Oct
  • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataAndrew Sayers14 Oct
  • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataWarren Young14 Oct
    • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber14 Oct
      • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataWarren Young15 Oct
        • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber15 Oct