List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Sayers Date:October 14 2008 4:36am
Subject:Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of data
View as plain text
Rick Gutleber wrote:
> Are there any tips or tricks or secrets about making the most out of
> using MySQL++ for doing heavy I/O that anyone has come across or figured
> out?

I doubt you'll find any ++ish speed benefits - my experience is that
you're better off looking for ways to cut layers out, rather than add
them in.  I make extensive use of the 'mysqldump' command, which gives
me a massive speed boost for lots of small inserts, though I have no
evidence for many large inserts.  You might have better luck with doing
a 'LOAD DATA INFILE' per value for long strings.

	- Andrew
Thread
Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber13 Oct
  • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataAndrew Sayers14 Oct
  • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataWarren Young14 Oct
    • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber14 Oct
      • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataWarren Young15 Oct
        • Re: Using MySQL++ with lots and lots of dataRick Gutleber15 Oct