List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott C Date:September 26 2008 9:04pm
Subject:Queries with unsigned ints
View as plain text
I'm getting a linker error when I attempt to run a query with an unsigned
int as a parameter.

The query looks like this: (I've cut some stuff out to make it more easily
readable)
mQuery << "INSERT INTO inventoryitems (inventoryslot) VALUES (" <<
Item->GetInventorySlot() << ")";

Item->GetInventorySlot() returns an unsigned int.

Error    97    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(unsigned int)"
(__imp_??6?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEAAV01@I@Z)
referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
Inventory::WriteItemToDatabase(class InventoryItem *)"
(?WriteItemToDatabase@Inventory@@QAEXPAVInventoryItem@@@Z)
Inventory.obj   Server

Am I doing something wrong?  Using a version of mysql++ thats outdated?  I'm
compiling on windows if it makes a difference with one of the express
versions of visual studio, I think its 2008.  I've been able to do query's
with all basic datatypes aside from the unsigned int.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thread
Queries with unsigned intsScott C26 Sep
  • Re: Queries with unsigned intsWarren Young27 Sep