List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott C Date:September 26 2008 9:04pm
Subject:Queries with unsigned ints
View as plain text
I'm getting a linker error when I attempt to run a query with an unsigned
int as a parameter.

The query looks like this: (I've cut some stuff out to make it more easily
mQuery << "INSERT INTO inventoryitems (inventoryslot) VALUES (" <<
Item->GetInventorySlot() << ")";

Item->GetInventorySlot() returns an unsigned int.

Error    97    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> > & __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct
std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(unsigned int)"
referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
Inventory::WriteItemToDatabase(class InventoryItem *)"
Inventory.obj   Server

Am I doing something wrong?  Using a version of mysql++ thats outdated?  I'm
compiling on windows if it makes a difference with one of the express
versions of visual studio, I think its 2008.  I've been able to do query's
with all basic datatypes aside from the unsigned int.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Queries with unsigned intsScott C26 Sep
  • Re: Queries with unsigned intsWarren Young27 Sep