List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Gutleber Date:September 25 2008 1:41am
Subject:Re: dump from mysql to "xl" file
View as plain text
Back in my Windows days, I did quite a bit with Excel via OLE
Automation.  It's actually very easy once you get it up and running. Via
OLE you issue commands directly to Excel.  The advantage is that you can
directly save an .XLS file without having to manually use Excel to
convert a .CSV... assuming that's useful for you.

Warren Young wrote:
> manish wrote:
>> What are the function present in mysql++ for
>> dump the database into microsoft XL file.
>
> There are no large-scale data format conversion functions of any sort
> in MySQL++.  That is not its purpose.
>
> You could use MySQL++ to write such a thing, with MySQL++ handling the
> "read from MySQL" part, but it would be up to you to figure out how to
> write the data you retrieve out in Excel format.
>
> If you just need a simple one-time data conversion (i.e. not something
> ongoing or needing automation) I recommend MySQL's Query Browser tool:
>
>     http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html

Thread
dump from mysql to "xl" filemanish24 Sep
  • Re: dump from mysql to "xl" fileWarren Young24 Sep
    • Re: dump from mysql to "xl" fileRick Gutleber25 Sep
  • RE: dump from mysql to "xl" fileIan Daysh24 Sep
    • RE: dump from mysql to "xl" fileJim Wallace24 Sep
  • Re: dump from mysql to "xl" fileJonathan Wakely25 Sep
  • Re: dump from mysql to "xl" filemanish26 Sep