List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Daysh Date:September 24 2008 8:53am
Subject:RE: dump from mysql to "xl" file
View as plain text
As Warren has said, to get something into Excel will have to be a 2-part
process.

1) Using MySQL++ for data retrieval
2) Generating a file suitable for Excel.

I had a similar issue, and ended up finding that Microsoft have
reasonable documentation for their xml spreadsheet format where you can
specify formatting, tabs etc. This ends up being much easier as you can
write to a plain text file.

Ian.