List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:September 23 2008 5:23pm
Subject:Re: connection still active after close command
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:04:27PM +0200, Izzy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some problems with connections on windows.
> When I open connection to database, after closing the connection I can
> see with netstat command that
> previously opened connections are still alive with TIME_WAIT status.
> After that connection stays in this status for around 2 minutes before
> totally dropping it down, and removing it
> from list.

This is the way TCP/IP connections work.  They have a well-defined way
of setting up a connection, as well as a well-defined way of closing
connections.  TIME_WAIT is one of the states in the closing process.

This is how your operating system is supposed to work, and is well outside
the scope of mysql.  You may wish to read up on the TCP/IP protocol
for more information.

- Chris

Thread
connection still active after close commandIzzy23 Sep
  • Re: connection still active after close commandChris Frey23 Sep