List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Vanns Date:September 18 2008 2:22pm
Subject:Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!
View as plain text
This is still beating me. I can confirm that simple queries execute and return a result
set fine (using the MySQL++ API). For example:

query << "SELECT NOW()";
mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();

cout << res[0][0] << endl;

query << "SELECT 42";
res = query.store();

cout << res[0][0] << endl;

query << "SELECT host__guid from host LIMIT 1";
res = query.store();

cout << res[0][0] << endl;

These all return 1 row with non-NULL data as expected. The SSQL stuff still won't work. I
have now tried vector, list and set all with this SSQL:

sql_create_2 (hdb_host_t, 1, 0,
              sql_bigint_unsigned, id,
              sql_int_unsigned, guid)

And each returns the correct no. of rows but all values are NULL (which they aren't!). I
have tried removing all MySQL packages from my machine, re-installing, ensuring only one
version of the library exists then rebuilding MySQL++ and all to no avail. So, you could
consider my system 'clean'.

Has something else changed that would affect my declaration above? The one that used to
work in 2.3.2!?

Regards,

Jim