List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Vanns Date:September 11 2008 3:22pm
Subject:Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!
View as plain text
> Comments inline below.

Likewise ;)

> That would be the insertion operator.  But no, this should not be the

Yes my bad!

> > // MySQL headers
> > #include <mysql/mysql.h>
> > #include <mysql/errmsg.h>
> Take these out.

OK. I've done that but I have to include <mysql/errmsg.h> still else these aren't
found:

mysql++-test.cpp:95: error: ‘CR_SERVER_LOST’ was not declared in this scope
mysql++-test.cpp:96: error: ‘CR_CONN_HOST_ERROR’ was not declared in this
scope
mysql++-test.cpp:97: error: ‘CR_CONNECTION_ERROR’ was not declared in this
scope
mysql++-test.cpp:98: error: ‘CR_SERVER_GONE_ERROR’ was not declared in this
scope

> The order I've arrived at after long practice is:

Yes normally I follow that rule too. However, in this case I have no module/unit/project
header so just stuck 'em in as:

STL
MySQL
MySQL++

Now I have:

MySQL++
MySQL
STL

> I'd also catch mysqlpp::Exception or std::exception, just in case.

Yup. I did and now do again - still nothing is thrown :|

> Other than that, the code looks fine.
>
> Are all 2.3.2-related files cleared off the machine?  I don't expect

If not then RPM cocked up somewhere! I'll double check.

> Have you completely rebuilt the program against v3, not relying on
> your build system's calculated dependencies?

Yes. Several times.

> Have you tried it on a different machine?

No.

> Have you tried running the program with just one query-and-print
> operation, instead of all three?

Yes. Same problem.

In short, still no luck!

Regards,

Jim

Thread
Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns10 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young10 Sep
    • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns10 Sep
      • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young10 Sep
Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns11 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young11 Sep
Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns11 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young11 Sep
Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns18 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young18 Sep