List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Vanns Date:September 10 2008 8:28am
Subject:Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!
View as plain text
Hi. I've just compiled and installed version 3.0.6 of MySQL++ against MySQL 5.0.27 on a
Linux box with G++ 4.1.2.

I was working fine with 2.3.2 and since changing my code according to the incompatibility
page here http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/breakages.html all my data
returned from an SSQL execution is er, 0 or blank!

Here is my code (like I said, this worked fine with 2.3.2):

sql_create_2 (hdb_module_t, 2, 0,
              sql_varchar, name,
              sql_smallint_unsigned, id)

set<hdb_module_t> modules;
Query query = conn->query();
static const module_query("select name, id from modules");

query << module_query;
query.storein (modules);

Now I'll stop right here because, no exception is ever thrown, no error is return (errnum
is 0) the query seemingly executes fine and the set holds the correct no. of entries -
say ~20 rows from the result set returned by MySQL. The odd thing is they are all blank
and 0 (the names are blank and the ids are 0). Most likely all are NULL. The same code
worked in 2.3.2.

Why on earth would that be!? If I execute the same query in an SQL shell it returns what
is expected - different names and ids none equal to 0, NULL or ''!

Has anyone had this behaviour with 3.0.6 SSQL? I can't seem anymore notes in the
incompatibility notes that I need to pay attention too.

Regards,

Jim

--
James Vanns
Systems Programmer
Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns11 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young11 Sep
Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!James Vanns18 Sep
  • Re: Result set count correct but each attribute is empty!Warren Young18 Sep