List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 23 2008 3:30pm
Subject:Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text
On Aug 23, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> "The compiler option -m64 will build a 64-bit lib."

You would add that with a command like this:

	./configure CXXFLAGS=-m64 --my-other-configure-flags

> /rusers/Charging/kartikm/RtConnectionPoolManager/mysql++-3.0.5>

You are aware that 3.0.6 is out and that it directly addresses the
Solaris issues you reported here last week, right?  I spent last
Saturday finishing it, directly as a result of our back-and-forth
then.  I wouldn't have rushed it if I didn't think you had an
immediate need for it.

Speaking of help offered and ignored, why are you continuing to try to
build MySQL++ against a private copy of MySQL 5 when there's a
perfectly good MySQL 4 install on the machine already?

> I don't know why it is giving the error " checking if we can link to
> MySQL C
> API library directly... no"

libmysqlclient may or may not depend on libz, depending on how it was
built.  Worse, sometimes linking to libz if it isn't actually needed
gives a build error.  The configure script is trying to build a
trivial MySQL C API program and link it to libmysqlclient (only) and
failing.  It then figures that it has to try linking to libz in
addition, and that doesn't fix it, so it gives up.  It probably
doesn't really need libz, but is failing to link to libmysqlclient for
some other reason.  You'll have to read config.log to find out why.

I guess the configure script should try to tease these two cases
apart, but for now, it's enough that the real cause is recognizable.
Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug