List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kartik Mahajan Date:August 22 2008 2:08pm
Subject:RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Young [mailto:mysqlpp@stripped]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:05 PM
To: plusplus@stripped

On Aug 22, 2008, at 1:36 AM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> Is there a specific way to build the 64 bit
> mysqlpp.so library.

If you build it on 64-bit Solaris, I assume it's a 64-bit library.

If not, you'll have to take it up somewhere they speak Solaris.  I
wouldn't have even gotten this far if there weren't a free OpenSolaris
download.  I don't actually run the stuff myself on any real machine.

Do you mean that this library i.e mysqlpp.so is not 64 bit ? I have been
trying for so many days but it does not link with the 64 bit client library
i.e mysqlclient_r but links with the old mysqlclient_r library.

The conclusion I draw from you response is that the mysql++ library is not
64 bit ? Is my understanding correct or am I just plane wrong.

Actually I could not get much from your response. I was asking that if the
client library I am using i.e mysqlclient_r is 64 bit, then will I be able
to build mysqlpp.so or not ? and if yes then is there a specific procedure
for it or is it just not possible.

I don't have much requirement for a 64 bit library but just want to clear my
doubt as earlier you had said that you have been using a 64 bit library(or
may be I misunderstood your earlier email)

Thank you so much for all your quick replies and your patience !!
Cheers  :)
Regards
Kartik Mahajan

Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug