List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kartik Mahajan Date:August 22 2008 7:36am
Subject:RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Young [mailto:mysqlpp@stripped]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 6:12 PM
To: plusplus@stripped

On Aug 16, 2008, at 5:50 AM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> Yes I have 2 mysql.h files on my system and just found out that
> there is an
> earlier version of mysql already installed but I am doing the
> following
> during the first phase i.e configure :
>
> ./configure -enable-thread-check
> -with-mysql-lib=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql/lib
> --with-mysql-include=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql/include
>
> The above is the path of the latest installation of mysql and old
> paths of
> lib is in /usr/sfw/lib and include path is in /usr/sfw/include/mysql/
> include
>
> So I think there should not be any problem. I know this I actually
> causing
> problem but I am unable to figure out what exactly :-(

Is there any chance that /usr/sfw/{lib,include} is in the default
{link,header} path on your system?  If so, there's the problem.  As I
said before, if you're mixing header and library versions, you get the
link failure symptom you have now.

I'm guessing from this use of personal home directories that you don't
own the machine?  If you can't get the system owner to update MySQL,
I'd just use the version that's already installed.  It seems to be a
pre-4.1 version, but that's fine.  MySQL++ should build against 4.0,
but examples/resetdb will fail unless you hack the table creation a
bit to remove the UTF-8 bits.  You might also have to change it to not
use InnoDB.  Other than that, it should work fine with that version.

None of this has anything to do with the recent Solaris build fixes.
You still need those, regardless of which MySQL version you use.

Hi

I have a doubt in my mind. Is there a specific way to build the 64 bit
mysqlpp.so library. I mean does the configure step automatically check that
since the client library ie mysqlclient_r.so is 64 bit the libmysqlpp.so
should also be built 64 bit or do we need to make changes in the Makefile.

I am bit confused.

Also if you could elaborate as what are other known issues for building with
64 bit, it would be quite helpful.

Thanks a lot for you help and patience !

Regards
Kartik Mahajan

Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug