List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 16 2008 12:41pm
Subject:Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text
On Aug 16, 2008, at 5:50 AM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> Yes I have 2 mysql.h files on my system and just found out that
> there is an
> earlier version of mysql already installed but I am doing the
> following
> during the first phase i.e configure :
>
> ./configure -enable-thread-check
> -with-mysql-lib=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql/lib
> --with-mysql-include=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql/include
>
> The above is the path of the latest installation of mysql and old
> paths of
> lib is in /usr/sfw/lib and include path is in /usr/sfw/include/mysql/
> include
>
> So I think there should not be any problem. I know this I actually
> causing
> problem but I am unable to figure out what exactly :-(

Is there any chance that /usr/sfw/{lib,include} is in the default
{link,header} path on your system?  If so, there's the problem.  As I
said before, if you're mixing header and library versions, you get the
link failure symptom you have now.

I'm guessing from this use of personal home directories that you don't
own the machine?  If you can't get the system owner to update MySQL,
I'd just use the version that's already installed.  It seems to be a
pre-4.1 version, but that's fine.  MySQL++ should build against 4.0,
but examples/resetdb will fail unless you hack the table creation a
bit to remove the UTF-8 bits.  You might also have to change it to not
use InnoDB.  Other than that, it should work fine with that version.

None of this has anything to do with the recent Solaris build fixes.
You still need those, regardless of which MySQL version you use.

Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug