List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 16 2008 12:35pm
Subject:Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text
On Aug 16, 2008, at 5:38 AM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> I have been able to build the libmysqlpp.so library with
> --enable-thread-check by commenting out #define HAVE_SYNCH_H 1 that is

Yes, I know, this is one of the things I referred to above when I said
more work is necessary.  I'm in the process of making 3.0.6 right now,
with the correct fix for this problem, among others.  Hang on.

> if I do grep for the missing symbols, I should be able to find the
> symbols in the
> mysqlclient_r.so library, right ?

Libraries are binary files, and grep works best on text.  It's quite
possible for it to miss things in a binary file, because it doesn't
know how to parse it.  You can give it a better chance by running
'strings' on the file and piping *that* through grep.

But the real answer is to find the tool on your system that knows how
to dump a list of symbols in a library, and grep its output.  This
gets into dynamic linker land, one of the biggest areas of divergence
between Unices.  On Linux, it's nm, and on OS X it's otool.  I don't
know what Solaris calls it.  If it's not nm, try "man ldd" to see if
you can hunt it down that way.
Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug