List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kartik Mahajan Date:August 16 2008 11:38am
Subject:RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Young [mailto:mysqlpp@stripped]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 4:54 PM
To: plusplus@stripped

On Aug 16, 2008, at 4:17 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> 2008/8/14 Warren Young:
>>> /rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql++/mysql++-3.0.5>>./configure
>>> --enable-thread-check --with-mysql=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql
>>
>> It should build if you turn off the check for threads.  Clearly
>> more work is
>> needed to make that case work.
>
> On sparc hardware GCC spells the option -pthreads not -pthread.

Thanks for that.  Good thing we have autoconf to rooting such
weirdness out.

Hi,

I have been able to build the libmysqlpp.so library with
--enable-thread-check by commenting out #define HAVE_SYNCH_H 1 that is
generated after ./configure --enable-thread-check
--with-mysql=/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql and also because of help of the
earlier email i.e using pthreads instead of pthread( really thanks for that
)

However I am unable to resolve the linker error. If I am correct, then if I
do grep for the missing symbols, I should be able to find the symbols in the
mysqlclient_r.so library, right ? But it doesn't show any symbols. So may be
the mysqlclient_r.so library that I have is wrong. However I doubt that as

I get the following error when I make :
>make
g++ -o test_cpool test_cpool_cpool.o -L/rusers/Charging/kartikm/mysql/lib/
-L.  -lnsl -lsocket   -lintl -lnsl -lsocket -lmysqlclient_r -lmysqlpp
mysql_next_result                   ./libmysqlpp.so
mysql_more_results                  ./libmysqlpp.so
mysql_set_server_option             ./libmysqlpp.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to test_cpool
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_cpool'

Kindly guide me as what should my next step be ????

Regards
Kartik Mahajan

Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug