List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kartik Mahajan Date:August 16 2008 9:05am
Subject:RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on Solaris
View as plain text

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Young [mailto:mysqlpp@stripped]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:59 PM
To: plusplus@stripped

On Aug 15, 2008, at 11:25 PM, Kartik Mahajan wrote:

> mysql_next_result                   ./libmysqlpp.so
> mysql_more_results                  ./libmysqlpp.so
> mysql_set_server_option             ./libmysqlpp.so

There's two possibilities here.

One is that you're mixing headers and libraries from two different
versions of MySQL.  These three are relatively new functions in the C
API library, all added in the 4.1 series.  MySQL++ has #ifdef guards
to prevent using these if you build it against older headers, but if
you use new headers with old libraries, you'll get this symptom.  On
Solaris, I'd only use the mysql5 package (not the 'mysql' one...that's
from the 4.x series) that's available through the Package Manager.
That's what I tested 3.0.5 against.

The other possibility is that the linker is sensitive to the order of
the -lmysqlclient and -lmysqlpp flags on that command line.
Technically, the order of libraries as you see them should be swapped
end-for-end, with the most generic ones at the end, since Unix linkers
often collect right-to-left only.  But, if that were the problem, I
don't see why it would be complaining only about these three
functions, or why it worked for me.

Hi

I am using mysql-5.0.45-solaris10-sparc-64bit.tar.gz. I am not taking older
libraries but using the libraries found in this very package.

I think it is mysql5 package and not mysql package. I have also tried your
second suggestion but in vain :(

Does this thing has anything to do with 64 bit ????

Thanks & Regards
Kartik Mahajan

Thread
Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan14 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young14 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely16 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan16 Aug
  • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young16 Aug
    • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan22 Aug
      • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisJonathan Wakely22 Aug
        • RE: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisKartik Mahajan23 Aug
          • Re: Unable to build MySQL++ on SolarisWarren Young23 Aug