List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 13 2008 7:31am
Subject:Re: Undefined Reference Error
View as plain text
Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> As suggested in my previous thread http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/7854
> , I had read the FAQ on link errors and I have "mysqlpp.a",
> "mysqlpp.dll" in my C:\MySQL++\lib. Also "mysqlclient.a" and
> "mysqlclient.lib" are present in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server
> 5.0\lib\opt. I followed the "README-MinGW.txt" for building this and
> built examples are working.

The command you posted -- which I quoted in my previous response --
doesn't have any -l flags to tell the linker to use these libraries.
The -L flags merely tell the linker where to look for libraries, not
which ones to use.  Put "-lmysqlpp -lmysqlclient" at the end of the
command line.  If you study Makefile.simple, you'll see this.
Thread
Undefined Reference ErrorDeepak Shrestha12 Aug
  • Re: Undefined Reference ErrorDeepak Shrestha13 Aug
    • Re: Undefined Reference ErrorWarren Young13 Aug