List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 11 2008 1:18am
Subject:Re: VS-2005 (32bit) Compile Problem
View as plain text
On Aug 10, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Paul Aitman (Work) wrote:

> It is failing because it appears the min and max macros which this
> file uses have somehow become undefined. I am not quite sure how
> this has happened because I have done a search for any #define
> NOMINMAX and various things like that and cannot see anything.

The main MySQL++ headers used to #include <my_global.h> before
mysql.h, which pulls in a lot of this C-ish stuff needed by mysql.h.
That conflicts with C++ things like std::min/max, so now we define the
things my_global.h does manually within MySQL++, in C++ terms, before
pulling in mysql.h.

Perhaps this Windows header isn't satisfied with our C emulations?
You may have to #include <stdlib.h> or something like that between
mysql++.h and windows.h (?).

In the current version, you can see how this works in lib/common.h.
I'm pretty sure this used to be in a different file in earlier
versions (perhaps platform.h or mysql++.h?) so if you go comparing,
you'll need to poke around a bit to find the equivalent sections.
Thread
VS-2005 (32bit) Compile ProblemWork)10 Aug
  • Re: VS-2005 (32bit) Compile ProblemWarren Young11 Aug
    • Re: VS-2005 (32bit) Compile ProblemWork)11 Aug
      • Re: VS-2005 (32bit) Compile ProblemWarren Young11 Aug