List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:August 5 2008 9:17pm
Subject:Re: FYI: MySQL Connector/C++ released
View as plain text
Alex schrieb:
> Well, which would be better to go for in the long run? Connector/C++ or
> MySQL++?

Only time will tell. Honestly, I do not know.

If you need a "free" solution then MySQL++ is yours. MySQL++ is LGPL.
Connector/C++ is GPL (+ FLOSS License Exception). MySQL++ is ready for
production environments, MySQL Connector/C++ is not.

I'm a user of a Sony DSLR. There are rumors that Sony will release a new
  and exiting DSLR. Many people keep endless discussions going on wheter
Sony, brand A, brand B or brand C will be the better choice given that a
rumor on Sony model D exists. Those who want to take nice pictures today
and enjoy their hobby/profession of photography base their choice of a
DSLR camera on what is available on the market today.

Sure, I do hope that the MySQL Connector/C++ will become rock solid,
super-fast and feature-loaded. But that's future music.

While writing these lines I see Warren's reply. I agree: decide based on
what is out today. Go MySQL++, if you like it. MySQL++ has proven to be
constantly developed over many years. If you have time, wait a bit an
check if Connector/C++ develops the way you like it.

Ulf

--
Ulf Wendel, MySQL
Sun Microsystems GmbH,   Sonnenallee 1,   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten