List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 28 2008 3:10am
Subject:Re: MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compile
View as plain text
On Jul 27, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Jonathon Reinhart wrote:

> checking for MySQL library directory... /usr/local/mysql/lib
> checking for MySQL include directory... /usr/local/mysql/include
> checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
> configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!
>
> I'm guessing I'm missing some files in ../lib or ../include

No, the configure script clearly found the library, it just couldn't
successfully link to it.  Mickaël's suggestion is most likely the
solution: add the MySQL C API library's directory to ld.so.conf and
run ldconfig, then the MySQL++ configure script should get past this.
If not, study the contents of config.log to find out what else is wrong.
Thread
MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileJonathon Reinhart27 Jul
  • Re: MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileMickaĆ«l Wolff28 Jul
  • Re: MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileWarren Young28 Jul