List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathon Reinhart Date:July 27 2008 9:37pm
Subject:MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compile
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm running "mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.37, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using
readline 5.0" which I compiled from source.  My installation is in
/usr/local/mysql.  I now here about it being not recommended to compile
mysql from source, but apparantly I didn't follow that guideline.  Now I
appear to be having problems while I'm trying to compile mysql++.  When I
./configure, I get:

checking for MySQL library directory... /usr/local/mysql/lib
checking for MySQL include directory... /usr/local/mysql/include
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: Could not find working MySQL client library!

I'm guessing I'm missing some files in ../lib or ../include, because I tried
./configure on my buddy's server, (who installed the binaries), and got
this:

checking for MySQL library directory... /usr/lib
checking for MySQL include directory... /usr/include/mysql
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... yes

So now, I don't know what exactly to do.  Any guidance?  I really don't want
to go through the hassle of reinstalling mysql, and having to move all my
databases, etc.

Thank you very much,
Jonathon Reinhart

Thread
MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileJonathon Reinhart27 Jul
  • Re: MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileMickaĆ«l Wolff28 Jul
  • Re: MySQL from source, MySQL++ won't compileWarren Young28 Jul