List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernard Date:July 27 2008 3:32pm
Subject:Re: Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installer
View as plain text

Warren Young wrote:
> 24, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Bernard wrote:
>
>> I downloaded and ran the new installer.
>
> Thanks for trying it!
>
>> I am not sure which versions of the dll and libs it copied as I have
>> two separate builds the standard build and a Windows Forms version
>> (compiled with /clr).
>
> Changing the build options doesn't change the generated file names, so
> it copied whichever version you built last.

I don’t remember which was the last build I made, I had run the
install.bat batch file twice once specifying mysqlpp as the
sub-directory for the native build and the second time specifying
mysqlppCLR as the sub-directory for the Common Runtime Library version.

> But, that does bring up a good point, which is that it would be nice
> if the installer would use a directory scheme that let you have both
> versions installed, without conflict. I guess the easiest way to
> detect which version you built is to grep the .sln file. This means
> you'll have to install twice, once after each build, but that's
> probably unavoidable.
>
> Any suggestions on the directory scheme? Maybe
> vc200x\Native\{Debug,Release} and vc200x\CLR\{Debug,Release} ?

That sounds like a good directory scheme.

Would it be difficult to add an option checkbox for the directory to
install into such as the Install in version directory option? Then the
installed libraries would be placed in one of those two directory schemes.

Thread
Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young23 Jul
  • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerBernard25 Jul
    • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young26 Jul
      • Re: Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerBernard27 Jul
        • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young27 Jul