List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 26 2008 12:27am
Subject:Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installer
View as plain text
On Jul 24, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Bernard wrote:

> I downloaded and ran the new installer.

Thanks for trying it!

> I am not sure which versions of the dll and libs it copied as I have
> two separate builds the standard build and a Windows Forms version
> (compiled with /clr).

Changing the build options doesn't change the generated file names, so
it copied whichever version you built last.

But, that does bring up a good point, which is that it would be nice
if the installer would use a directory scheme that let you have both
versions installed, without conflict.  I guess the easiest way to
detect which version you built is to grep the .sln file.  This means
you'll have to install twice, once after each build, but that's
probably unavoidable.

Any suggestions on the directory scheme?  Maybe vc200x\Native\
{Debug,Release} and vc200x\CLR\{Debug,Release} ?
Thread
Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young23 Jul
  • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerBernard25 Jul
    • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young26 Jul
      • Re: Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerBernard27 Jul
        • Re: Beta testers wanted for new Windows installerWarren Young27 Jul